Sunday, April 4, 2010

Me Invited to a Pittock Mansion "Doo"??? Really???

Sometimes fun and exciting do happen to me!  Life generally is quiet and reserved -- which is the way I really do prefer it.  But to have a bit of happy stuff come up once in a while keeps life interesting.

I got a call earlier this week from the buyer of the Museum Store at the Pittock Mansion.  Such a wonderful woman.  The Pittock is an incredible historic mansion.  It was home to Portland pioneers Henry and Georgiana Pittock from 1914 to 1919. During the late 1800s and the early 1900s, their lives and work paralleled the growth of Portland from a small Northwest town site to a thriving city with a quarter million population. (this is what the introduction on the website said.  If you'd like to read more about the home, here's the link:  Pittock Mansion.

 Anyway....this month on the 15th, they are having a fund raiser up at the home and are having eight artists appear with their "stuff".  The supporting members of the home are invited for an evening of drinks, nibbles and buying.  I have been chosen as one of the eight who will be a part of the festivities.  I'm really excited as this type of honor doesn't come around every day.

A wonderful opportunity to meet and greet some of Portland's Mansion lovers, maybe bring home a little money.  But...I hate to mention that I don't have a thing made up yet.  My jewelry bench sits quiet and dark. Not one earring, not a bauble nor necklace.   But my concerns are greater than that -- I don't have a thing to wear!

No comments: