Friday, March 19, 2010

The Power of the Blog and its Password Safety

The technology we hold in our hands everyday is totally amazing.  I think we do grow accustom to it and somewhat passe about what it does.  The Internet links people around the planet and can do so in a just few keystrokes.   ONLY if you have your password and secret, secret code.

For the past couple of days I've needed to get into several on-line accounts.  Each one of course has a different login set.  They say to never use the same login twice.  Who are "they" anyway?  As you can imagine, if you do not have this stuff written down you can be looking for a crisis!

And Yes, I was in Crisis 1

On the same day, I get a call from a long, lost friend who has a small request from me.  I say of course....no big deal.  And she's such a sweet person and somewhat dedicated to what I sell.  Well guess what, I cannot get into the old blog she wants me to.  I cannot remember my login information.

I tried every email address they could have on me.  There was no way I was going to get that darn password and email account to come out right.  Then came those crazy colored letters:  DFtiufIU  what the heck????  What does it say and why would you want to repeat it.  Somehow it is suppose to get your email name and password name back to you but it doesn't.  So, Kat, if it doesn't happen, you know why.  

As you can see - I finally remembered the password and login for my old blog because I bring you  Kathy's blog at http://www.bajunajewelry.blogspot.comCrisis 2 Averted

To only have two would-be crisis on one day is a good thing so there is no complaining here.  Actually I do have one complaint.  It appears that someone is hacking into my blog.  So if you see bizarre text, it's not me.  Please let me know but I do check-in daily and I will be contacting Google for legal proceedings to take against hackers.  Until next time.  Jill



No comments: