Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Let's Eat Chocolate! And Caramel....Oh, So Sue Me!

I am not a saint -- I never said I was.  I just like wonderfully sweet, rich delicious deserts.  Here's one that sounds WOW on paper.  Let me just say, this recipe is not for the faint of heart!  Besides, it's got chocolate in it so I must be calm and less stressed, huh???  (oh brother!)

CHOCOLATE CHUNK CARAMEL BROWNIES (OMG!!!)
Ingredients


 3/4 cup unsalted butter
 4 ounces unsweetened chocolate
 4 eggs
 2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
 1 (12 ounce) bag semisweet chocolate chunks
1 (14 ounce) bag soft caramels
1/4 cup heavy cream

Directions 
Heat oven to 350 degrees. Line a 13x9x2 pan with nonstick foil. In a large bowl, melt butter and chocolate in microwave for 2 minutes. Stir until smooth.

Whisk in eggs, sugar, flour and vanilla. Spread half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle 1 cup chocolate chunks over batter.

Melt caramels and cream over medium-low heat until smooth (about 5 minutes). Pour evenly over batter and chocolate chunks. Spread remaining batter. Sprinkle with remaining 1 cup chocolate chunks.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 minutes or until top is dry.

**Personally, I'd split the recipe in half...this looks pretty rich.  Let me know if you try it....I'd like a review.

No comments: